View Profile Pahgawk

All 18 Movie Reviews

12 w/ Responses

The art had a nice amount of cubism in there, and I don't think I've seen much of that at all in animation before. It's a lot harder to make non-realistic perspective work in animation when you expect things to move in familiar ways. So, idk where anyone thinks they've seen stuff similar to this before. It's good stuff.
Also, I love me some good rihanna lyrics.

dylan responds:

"heartbreakers gonna break, break, break
and the fakers gonna fake, fake, fake"

- beyoncé, 2014

This has some really great shape and form and motion going on. Part of the point of art, I think, is to take abstract human concepts and emotions and try to reconstruct them in a different form, and there's no point in limiting that form to concrete, obvious storylines. There are other ways to reconstruct feelings.

Minus 0.5 stars, not enough rings on it

dylan responds:

"if you liked it then you should've put a ring on it"

- beyoncé, 2008

I thought you did a really great job with this! I watched it first from the thing you uploaded to dumping grounds, so there was no description, and I think it presented its message clearly without the need for explanation, so don't worry about that! So you've got an interesting concept going for you, an interesting way of presenting it, really nice art and really good movement (without too high of a frame rate, but honestly I think a higher frame rate would actually take away from the final product in this case.) You've certainly earned your daily feature and a 5/5 from me.

dylan responds:

Thanks, Dave! Glad you liked the art, that nose style I've been using started because I thought the noses you and Francis had been doing were totally awesome.

Now I just gotta do my sarcastic head turn. Wait til you see the idea I have, it's so sarcastic that it's sincere

Hey man, this was really really good! I love the direction you went with this. Keep up the great work!

I tried to make it sarcastic, but it came out metaphoric. 0/5

I really liked this. The whole concept was great, and it was well executed, and also great job on the score, because that was great too! Best of luck!

Your style is fantastic. Keep it up!

Butzbo responds:

Thank you mister Pahgawk!

Well, that was hilarious. Everything about it was great.

Wow Emrox, that was REALLY good. The concept and the atmosphere and the animation and the art was all done perfectly. Great job! Good luck!

Emrox responds:

Thanks, man! May the best man win.

As always, your drawings are incredibly detailed and are lovely to watch. You had an interesting interpretation of the theme (although I guess I got spoilers from your forum post a while ago.) Although at first I wasn't entirely sure what it was leading up to, the last scene in the end pulled everything together nicely. It was an honour competing against you in NATA and I wish you the best of luck!

test-object responds:

*bows down*
Thank you Pahgawk-san. May your ancestors smile on you.

As always, your animation skill is amazing and your art is incredibly crisp and visually appealing. The explosions and fluttering money effects were well executed. The story was interesting. Also, the bouncing car at the end was a nice humorous touch. 10/10 for you!

Emrox responds:

Thanks man. Best of luck in the rest of NATA

I'm an artist and programmer. I make websites, music, paintings, games, apps, and of course, animations.

Dave Pagurek @Pahgawk